GETTING TO THE CLINIC
The clinic is located on Water Lane in Wilmslow.
On arrival go through the metal gates opposite the Atson Martin Garage - for vehicle access please press the buzzer - the pedestrian gates are open. Once through the gates the clinic is located through the glass doors on the left hand side.
- There are 2 parking spaces located on the left hand side as you drive into the car park. Please only park in spaces marked 'Edge Osteopathy'.
- There is 1 hr street parking out side. The nearest car park is Spring Street Multi-storey just a minutes walk away.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
- Your osteopath will begin by discussing the main reason for your visit and will ask lots of questions to help reach your diagnosis.
- At this stage a general medical history will also be taken.
- During the examination you may need to remove some clothing for the osteopath to see the area. Please feel free to bring shorts/wear loose clothing. A gown can be provided if required.
- The osteopath will asses the joints, muscles and nerves and carry out orthopaedic testing as required.
- After the examination, the osteopath will explain the diagnosis and discuss the proposed treatment plan with you, including hands on treatment, prognosis and advice on activity and exercise. Please feel free to ask any questions during this process.
- Treatment often involves hands on techniques including deep tissue massage, articulation and mobilisations.
- You may also be given a home exercise programe to do along side your treatment.
- The treatment itself should not be painful. It is normal to feel some soreness for up to 48 hours after the treatment, similar to being sore after exercise. Please feel free to discuss any concerns about this with your osteopath.
IS THE TREATMENT DIFFERENT FOR BABIES/CHILDREN?
Yes, the structure of the appointment is similar; the osteopath with take a full case history and perform a detailed examination but the treatment is much more gentle to adapt to their bodies. Treatment can be a relaxing, enjoyable experience and can be performed while playing with them. Please feel free to bring any toys or books along to the appointment to keep little ones entertained!
If you can’t find what you were looking for, please get in touch and I will be happy to help.